The execution of strategy has been at the top of the CEO’s agenda for many years and yet despite the investment in technology systems for planning, budgeting, reporting and analysis, as well as the introduction of performance management methodologies such as the Balanced Scorecard, the ability to execute well is still just as hard to achieve.
If an organisation is unable to execute its strategy, then it loses the ability to navigate through today’s complex and volatile business environment. Being ‘out of control’ can have dire consequences, which long-term, at best, will result in below par returns for stakeholders and, at worst, will cause the organisation to fail. Investments in technology systems that aid planning and provide insightful analyses are at an all time high, and yet many CEOs still find they don’t have the right information to track the implementation of strategy.
Part of the reason is due to the disconnect these systems have between strategy and the every day actions performed by employees. Most systems, and the way in which they have been implemented, focus on the numbers – budgets, financial results and KPIs – when the focus for performance management purposes should be on actions and their effectiveness in delivering corporate goals. This requires a very different kind of approach and supporting technology system.
Read more in our Brochure!
Aexis supports the requirements of a modern CPM solution.:
Systems that support the role of the CEO/CFO must help them improve the execution of strategy. They must help them communicate what it is; it must help them make high-level strategic decisions; it should help drive change; and it should help them preside over day-to-day, month-to-month and year-to-year operations.
It needs to do this by helping both the CEO/CFO and his team to control the management processes that:
- Sets the strategic direction and value of strategic goals.
- Allows them to evaluate and choose the best strategic initiatives to deliver the set strategic goals.
- Ensures adequate resources are assigned to chosen initiatives.
- Monitors the implementation of initiatives and their impact on strategic goals.
- Allows them to assess risk and develop contingency plans.
- Highlights variances and trends and brings them to the notice of management for action.
- Allows plans to be adapted based on events and exceptions.
- Allows the organisation to learn from the past.